Sunday, March 07, 2004

Feeling it

I received my normal pay stub in the mail this weekend. Unfortunately, I was only paid for one day of work on this past payday since the day before I went on disability was President’s Day. The amount wasn’t even enough to pay for the bi-weekly payment to my 401k loan. How much do you want to bet that’s going to come back and bite me on the arse? Anyway, so, I’m hoping that the short term disability people, along with the subsidized state funding, will come through sometime to provide regular pay....or some portion thereof.

I was back to having eggs again today, since I actually backed off of them the past 2 days. I figure I’ll probably eat them a little more as the back jaw muscles are still working to get back in shape.

I took a shower this morning, and during the course of it, I hawked up this huge snot ball from my nose/sinuses. Yuuuckk!!! After the shower, I had some drainage coming down my nose, so I had to dig it out with Q-tips and a pair of tweezers. Also, I’ve had this crusty thing kinda sitting near the inside base of my nostril since surgery, and I wasn’t sure if it was a scab or a dried up booger, but it finally loosened today while I was digging out the softer stuff, so I kinda eased it out of my nose as well.

I was down at a TGSF meeting this afternoon, then went to dinner with Susan, Brooke, Susan from Helsinki (her final appearance), Kelly, and Walt. Since I’d had my fill of pasta and eggs lately, I stayed away from the noodles and omelets, and just decided upon some chicken fingers. Believe it or not, chicken’s do in fact have fingers. I threw a ton of tabasco sauce on them just to give them flavor. Since I still don’t have full taste and smell back yet, I had to throw a lot on it just to taste it. I could tell my mouth was tingling when I was about finished, but as I told them, I couldn’t really feel it.

No comments: