Friday, March 12, 2004

Very Glad It's Friday

I caught a glimpse of my “horoscope” today, and found it amusing again:

Cancer

You have to laugh at what others consider normal. You stop believing in your old expectations. Why limit yourself? Cautious, quiet types blossom into delightful expression. Call up the part of yourself that always wants to come out and play. Friends and associates watch in awe as you tap into a hidden reservoir of creativity. You're a beacon of bright energy over what was once a sea of neutral color. People who don't know you will feel the attractive power of your transformation. Longtime acquaintances recognize the old you and wonder where he or she was for all these years.

Well, hmmm...the person who wants to come out and play has decided she’d rather take a nap. Her beacon of bright energy needs a recharge. And just to let you know, that power of transformation cost $40,000...just for the face.

Day 3 at work was pretty much like the other two. All I can say, though, is that I’m glad I made it a short three day week for my first week back. Ooofff...I’m tired. Basically, I went to work, then went home. Next week could be a battle getting through five days in a row. Hopefully I can get a bit of rest this weekend.

Y came down to say hello again to Pete, Ro, Robi, and myself for lunch. Even though I am still getting back into the solid stuff, I decided to give a burrito a try at my favorite local taqueria. It was difficult opening my mouth that wide, but I was able to squish the burrito down so it fit. My nose was a little sore afterward from having to orient my mouth to bite down...something I really haven’t had to do. All of these little distractions during recovery really kinda suck, but hopefully in the end, they’ll all be worth it.

No comments: