Saturday, January 03, 2004

Dressing Rooms

Today was packed, as usual. I wrapped up 10.5 hours of electrolysis this week with 2 hours on Wednesday, 2.5 on Thursday, 2 on Friday, and 4 this morning. I’m happy to report that for the first time ever, we finally cleared my face. It only took 10 hours out of those 10.5 to do so. The rest we spent on extra areas like a few hairs between my eye brows and a few remnants on my chest. Ouch, those really hurt now, especially as you get closer to the nipples. My face is pretty torn up right now, with all of the electro, but with a little moisturizer tonight, it should be looking pretty decent by Monday.

After electro, I met Kathy over at the Mall to help me pick out a few outfits for the Cotillion. I found a nice red dress on Macys.com and was hoping to find that at the mall to see it in person. We found it, but they didn’t have my size. It appears that it was a pretty popular model. The lady at the desk printed out a bunch of places that might have my sizes, but she just handed the paper to me instead of calling them up to see if they had them. That was the first of what felt like crappy service at Macy’s today. After looking around a little more, I found a Jessica McClintock version of the dress in the Junior’s section that looked just as good. With dress in hand and Kathy in tow, I headed to the dressing room. As we were about to enter, the lady that watched the doors was surprised that I was trying them on. OK, yes, I was in boy mode since my face was all torn up with electro. I could tell she didn’t want me back there, so we asked if there was another dressing room. She pointed us to the other one. So, we sat in line for a few minutes there, then when I was up to try the dress on, the lady would not let me in. Son of a bitch! Where the hell are you supposed to try on a dress in a Macy’s that only has women’s clothes??? Anyway, Kathy and I went up to another floor and I tried it on there. There was no one monitoring the rooms we found, and one of the doors was open, so in I went. It looks good, and I’ll be wearing it for the evening attire section.

I had also hoped to find an outfit for the casual wear portion of the event, but I couldn’t find what I wanted. I think I can get a little more shopping in tomorrow amongst all the meetings.

No comments: