Monday, January 19, 2004

Have you ever seen an elephant pee?

Happy Martin Luther King Jr Day!!! Unfortunately, I still had to work today, but since I have a ton to do before I’m gone for FFS, I wasn’t really complaining.

Coworker Mark caught me sitting weird in my seat again today. “Why don’t you sit down?” he asked.

I just said that I was about to fax something, and that I had to pee, as I started walking to the fax machine. He laughed and said, “All at the same time?”

As I walked past him, he asks, “Have you ever seen an elephant pee?”

“Have you ever seen a grown man naked? Have you ever been in a Turkish prison?” ran through my head. Nope, there’s no mention of an elephant peeing in that conversation. I just gave him a strange look.

He then reported that he had been up at the zoo this weekend with his family and was watching the elephants during their feeding time. He said one of the elephants had gallons and gallons just coming out as he was peeing. He said his little daughter also made the observation that the elephant was both peeing and pooping at the same time, and that she said something else really cute. What this topic has in relation to my own journey, I really don’t know, but I thought it was something different to write about for once.

No comments: