Friday, March 03, 2006

Boobs rock!

OK, just a small warning in order to protect those that might be reading this in the wrong place.

WARNING!!! Nudity below!!!

It's been just over 2 months since I had the breast augmentation. I spent the first two weeks with this clear plastic sheet over my nipple as it slowly oozed a small amount out of the wound. At two weeks, Dr. Gray peeled the plastic off to show that the skin had basically healed under the scabby stuff. My left nipple scar looked great and was barely visible, but the right one showed a little more scarring with the whitish color. Over the next month and a half, the discoloration has subsided, although the right scar does appear a little more noticeable than the left one.

I also think that Dr. Gray had a little difficulty finding the exact area to cut along my right nipple. Yes, I realize I have not had great nipple development, which is why he probably didn't hit the exact circumference of my lower nipple. I still have some numb areas under each areola, although the numbness is becoming less and less. They also seem a bit high still, although he said to wait 4 months before they reached their final spot. I might have to wait longer in my case since I had a bit of muscle in the chest area. Who knows...only time will tell.

That's one of the hard parts about surgery, though....waiting. Patience is key, but when one feels like no progress is being made, it's easy to get down on things. Yes, like I said, they still feel a bit high. They look good from certain areas and when I'm wearing clothes, but they still look a little off when I look at some of the photos. I have another 2 months to go, so hopefully they will drop into place quite nicely. Quoting my entry from last June: "...he said that after one month, the implants would still be fairly high, after 2 they would look ok, and after 4 months, they will have settled into their final shape." That's pretty much how I'm seeing it right now, although they still feel a bit firm. I've been massaging them when I have a bit of free time with no one around, but I should probably concentrate on doing it more.

OK, so here's what I warned you about above. I compiled a photographic history of the first two months of the incision site. The pictures range from before surgery, 3 days after, 1 week after, 2 weeks - before removal of the plastic guard, 2 weeks - after the removal of the plastic guard, and finally 2 months after. I'm sorry that a few pictures look a little fuzzy...it's hard verifying the fuzziness on the screen of the camera when the picture is taken that close up. Anyway, it seems to show a nice timeline of how things look.

I might do one with the implant placement in a few months...we'll see how they are looking then.

2 comments:

Kara said...

Yup, and the towel wrapped around me after a shower now stays up. It has something to keep it from falling...like is used to do all of the time.

It was so bad, I gave up and simply used to wrap it around my waist. Yes, I looked pretty funny, but the towel had nothing to grab onto prior to the boobs.

Kara said...

hmmm...I didn't know Dr. Meltzer had breasts.

hahahahahahaha

OK, sorry, I'm just having a little fun with the grammar.