Wednesday, October 29, 2003

Courtney crashes

I was planning to work the entire day today since I had my meeting at 9am, and a rather important meeting at 2pm...and I don’t have that much vacation time built up. When I arrived at work, I found out the 2pm meeting had been canceled, so after finishing the work that I needed to get done, I took the afternoon off.

Courtney and I were able to get some fast shopping done. Courtney suggested some prenatal vitamins since my therapist had mentioned for me to start taking a multi-vitamin. I looked at the contents and noted that there is no potassium in them....good, because it’s not recommended while taking spiro. We then came back home to get ready for dinner with the other GenderPeacers. I wore a simple little top and jeans, with my jacket from Nordstrom’s Rack, and my new purse from Macy’s. Courtney and I were able to find parking nearby and were early to dinner at Fino’s. We waited for a while until JoanB showed up, with Tyler not too far behind her. Claire was running a little late, so we decided to be seated and just wait on her from there.

I had angel hair pasta with tomatoes and garlic for dinner. I liked it. The conversation was even better. Courtney started feeling a little happy between her 2nd and 3rd Long Island Ice Tea and made Claire blush when we got on the subject of “exercising”.

I also told the rest of them that I think I had finally decided on my name. Courtney continued to call Scooby a "he" because she thought the name Scooby was a boy name, even though she was presented with a girl dog. My mom couldn’t get past calling Scooby "he" either, and I was always correcting her as well. So, with that, I know I will be going with Kara instead of trying to use the female version of my own name. Now, it’s just picking out a middle name.

Well, Courtney crashed on my bed earlier, and it’s getting late, so I’m off to sleep.

No comments: