Friday, October 24, 2003

A transsexual walks into a bar. Bartender says...

Kathy called me at work late tonight as I was putting in quite a few extra hours. She sounded like she was in a small room because her voice was resonating. She asks me if I know a local TS and I tell her I do. She says that she is hanging out with two of our friends at the bar one of them works at, and that the TS is at the bar talking with all of them. Kathy is definitely excited while talking to me. I, on the other hand, can’t believe they ran into one another. Kathy is quite joyful and tells me she’s glad I picked up. She was worried I was at electrolysis and not able to talk to her about the current situation. She said our two friends were doing quite well with the TS.

Kathy called me later tonight after I had made it home and told me that our two friends did awesome, and that they were still calling the TS “her” after she left. I guess my TS friend mentioned quite a few things with transition, but never quite fully came out that she was a transsexual. I guess Kathy and her got into a conversation about the whole transition thing. Kathy asked if she had read Millie’s book, how her family was taking it, and if her employer was OK with it all. Since Kathy had met Marina earlier this year, she used Marina as her source of information into the transgender world, and not my name. Our two friends were impressed, and of course inquired more about Marina.

Anyway, Kathy thought our two friends would do OK with my situation. I told her that it’s much easier to meet someone after they have transitioned than a person they knew as one sex changing to another.....but it’s definitely encouraging based on the events from tonight. I told her we just have a few more months to go before we’ll find out.

No comments: