Tuesday, October 07, 2003

Dreads

I walked into work yesterday and the first thing I noticed was my boss cut off all of his dreadlocks (yeah, my boss had dreads....how cool, huh?). “Oh great!” I thought, “Mark is really going to bash me now that I’m the only one with long hair.” Sure enough, Mark was pretty quick on the draw, but this time it was easily seen well in advance. Today he also made comments about it again. My boss also ganged up by saying I needed to get a motorcycle and a leather outfit to go along with my hair. Mark was quick to point out that I had none of the other characteristics that went along with my longer hair. Stereotypes?

Before work today I voted in California’s recall election. Oooohhh...politics. Well, since Gray Davis signed AB196 adding gender identity to the non discrimination policy of the state, I decided to vote to keep him in office. Unfortunately, tonight they proclaim that Arnold Schwarzenegger will be our next governor. How whacked is that?

No comments: