Sunday, April 11, 2004

29

For those that believe in the Easter Bunny....Happy Easter. For those that don’t....Happy Sunday.

Amber, Claire, and I took Amy out for her 29th birthday this past Friday. We had some awesome Korean BBQ. Yum. I kinda felt like the old hag of the group, though, since all three of them are now 29, while I am just a meager “29”. After we ate, we headed to find a cafe, and after one block of walking, Amy says she has to pee.

Uugggghhhh!!!!

There was a cafe nearby, but Claire and Amy said the bathroom was gross there, and that they knew another one just a little ways down. OK, so we’re walking, and walking, and walking...and, well, it wasn’t warm in the area that we’re walking. In fact, we’re less than a mile from the ocean to start with, and the chilly ocean breezes are definitely cutting through us. I joke to Claire, “We’re almost to the ocean” at which point Amber then let’s Claire in on the sarcasm of my remark. So, we head back the same way we came, only to have Claire realize that the cafe she was thinking about was the other way, and only a block away.

Gggggrrrrrrrr!

Anyway, once we warmed up, the topic turns to doing something else. Amber says, “Bowling!!!” in her hilariously cheerful manner and charm. I find a place to bowl in the available yellow pages, and off we go. I’m not sure if everyone was up for it since it’s not the most femme thing to do, but we decide to try it. We also stopped off at one of their nearby pool hall places “just to see if there were any cute boys there”, as Claire puts it. Anyway, we bowled. It was ok, and I had a fun time. Claire, however, likes to note that I am extremely competitive...both times in which we’ve played some type of sporting activity, pool and now bowling. Perhaps I am. I play to win, but I’m also a good sport. I’m not going to let someone else win just because they suck, but I will help them gain confidence and experience in trying to better themselves.

What’s really funny, though, is this morning I caught on TV the first ever women’s NCAA bowling championship. One of the old schools I used to square off against on occasion was in the finals. The women on the winning team for each game, though, were hyped up. They were totally pumped. Talk about competitive...wow! So, is our society set up such that men cannot show sensitivity and women cannot show competitiveness?

Saturday morning, I went for electrolysis. On my way in, I usually grab my electro a latte to ensure that she’s in a good mood and loaded with caffeine. Plus, she likes...er...loves coffee. I usually head to Starbucks for her usual latte, but after talking to her on the phone, she says, “In the spirit of not relying on foreign markets for their oil, why don’t you stop off at that other place”, so I do. I order, turn around, then spot Amber sitting at one of the tables. She hasn’t seen or heard me yet, so I casually walk over to her table. I knew she’d be in the area since she was having her car worked on, but I really didn’t think we’d run into one another there. Anyway, I had a few minutes to spare (actually a lot, since my electro was running a little behind), so we chatted for a bit. She got to see me in ugly mode since I hadn’t shaved in over a day and wasn’t wearing any makeup. Soon, hopefully, I’ll have the facial hair back to getting zapped on a weekly basis with not much showing through.

Anyway, we did two hours on my cheeks. I’m looking less hairy, but I still have the lower half of my goatee. We’re saving that area for last since it’s still a bit sore. Hopefully next week most of the hair on my face will be gone, although it will still be regrowing in some portion or another. I have a wedding at the end of the month I would really like to be in some type of decent shape for.

My zapper and I usually have some nice little conversations during our sessions. Because I’m on pain killers, though, I don’t always remember what we talked about. I took a Vicodin this time, the first time to take it for the pain. It didn’t last as long, nor perform as well as my usual stuff, which I will probably go back to next week. During our discussion, though, we somehow got on a subject that’s a little sore for her. She mentioned that a lot of the people that she has worked on and built a friendship with, have often just ceased their friendship once they are done with zapping. I told her that we’ll be friends forever since I have so much hair still to zap, including the stuff downstairs as well as my hands, feet, etc., where I don’t want to see any hair. Then I told her I’d invite her to my wedding if I ever got married. She said she wouldn’t come because it’s hard for her to be around people who have moved on to a “regular life”. She has a pretty good life now, owns a house, makes a very good income in her business, is well liked by many of the TS community...but just wants more. I don’t blame her.

After electro, I was looking pretty shabby, so I just headed home while grabbing some comfort food for the road. I was sir’d going through the drive thru...gotta work more on the voice. I think it made it harder to do the voice since I wasn’t in full femme regalia, but more andro. I psyched myself out.

No comments: