Thursday, April 08, 2004

The worst daughter in the world

Doh! I forgot to call my mom again. Ggggrrrrr! My memory is really going. I left work at 8pm again...a little too late to call her since she’s two time zones different. OK, OK...I’ll definitely make up for it on Friday.

This whole week has been kinda messed up for me with the time change and being sick early on. I was still sick Sunday night and Monday morning, so much so that I slept in until 11:30am. It was horrible...I woke up at 5am with a stomach ache and hallucinations while trying to sleep. I stayed up for a while, then went back to bed before the alarm went off around 7. The head and stomach were still hurting, so I called in to work and told Robi I wouldn’t be in until noon at the earliest. I think I made it in by 1pm, and stayed late to try to get caught up. And since I slept in, it was hard getting to bed on time Monday night. I didn’t sleep that well again on Monday night, and thus made it to work a little later than usual. It’s been that way all week long, except I started sleeping better Tuesday night.

As I was taking care of some stuff late tonight, a coworker and I start talking. She asks if she can ask a personal question. I say sure. She wants to know if I have had THE surgery. I tell her I haven’t had surgery down below since I have to live as a woman first, but that I have had facial surgery. I then showed her some of the things that were done. I also had to explain what hormones do and don’t do, and that what voice change I do have was earned with practice.

She also asked me about my hair and if I had done anything with it. I told her no, since they said to wait 1.5 months until after surgery. She said it looked a little frazzled and that I should get the split ends cut. She also talked about some different products. The thing is, I’ve tried a ton of different products, and none of them seems to work so good. She brought up a straightening iron, or a curling iron, but after having a stylist tell me she wouldn’t be able to iron out my hair in an hour, I have kinda given up on ironing it myself. She also mentioned a few other items, but what always came back to my mind was the split ends thing. I looked tonight, and almost all of my hair looks pretty good on the end, it’s just that my hair goes everywhere. It looks frazzled because it’s super frizzy. I’ve also been going fairly poofy this week, because next week I have an appointment to have my hair straightened permanently. Yep, I’m going for the straight hair. Well, I’m going for mostly straight. I had a consult with the stylist this past Saturday, and he says that he’ll be able to get it mostly straight, but that there might be some waviness to it. I think I can handle wavy, just as long as it isn’t super frizzy curls. So, stay tuned.

No comments: