Wednesday, April 21, 2004

Phone calls before work

I take care of the TGSF hotline on occasion, and ended up replying to a nurse in the San Quentin Prison who was looking for information on supplemental doctors to the one they have now. He said they have a number of transgender residents that need to have their hormones, and they only have one current doctor who works with them.

Anyway, he called at 6am this morning thinking I would have my mobile phone off. Wrong! I’ll have to tell Dad that I found one of his long lost relatives.


After obtaining his address to send some information to, I was back to bed. In between that time and the time I woke up about an hour later, I had this weird dream. In it, I was outside and saw Kevin Spacey ride by on one of those large bicycles from the late 1800’s. Then, I’m in some type of facility, but I’m not sure if I am visiting my mom, or her me. Up front, I have a funny conversation about how two muppets sound alike - one being Yoda but I can’t think of what the other one was, nor can I think of any muppet that sounds remotely like Yoda. I went back to Mom for what appeared to be some type of board game. Then, and I realize that my dream jumped, her and I are arriving at a party for Dr. O. I catch a glimpse of myself in either a mirror or a glass and I have short hair, but still appear female, but look more like a soft butch dyke. At that point, I woke up.


My hair stylist called right before I left for work. Yep, two phone calls before I even went to work. Anyway, she said she was moving residences and remembered that her and I wore the same size shoes. She said she’d bring in a box next week if I was interested. I told her sure and would stop by her salon to take a look. What a benefit it is to live in this area...either that, or I have been extremely lucky. Almost everyone I have met here outside of work has been so wonderful with my transition. Perhaps I just choose good friends. :)


No comments: