Wednesday, July 21, 2004

Rewriting History...errr...Herstory

A fellow runner at work stopped by my desk earlier this week and said he was gearing up for a big marathon in Hawaii. He’d run like a 16 miler this past weekend around a 7 minute pace. Pretty good. I asked him what his fastest marathon is, and, like me, he said around 3:17. I also asked him if he was prepared for the heat in Hawaii for the marathon, and he said they started it pretty early. I told him I ran a marathon in the Midwest that started early in the morning that was pretty warm to start with, that I ran the race without a shirt on.

Whoops.

Hmmm…a girl without a shirt on. Doh! OK, so I will have to reword that in the future…so hot, I ran with only a sports bra on. Oh hell, I ran without a shirt. If people ask, I will just tell them I was wearing enough to not get arrested. Anyway, before I continued on, I paused and said, “In the old days, of course.”


No comments: