Saturday, July 03, 2004

From the pages of my written journal

So, the journey begins….for Amber, not myself. For me, it’s a chance to basically walk the path next to her. Her path may be a little more torturous, but mine should be pretty smooth this time.

We’re flying cattle-call into the middle of the desert, but things have been pretty nonchalant thus far. While Amber has been talking non-stop to the married guy next to her, I’ve been asleep next to the side of the plane. It’s funny, they (the wife is across the aisle) keep asking fairly private questions of Amber since the wife actually works, via another company, with the company that Amber works for. And since it’s the two of us together, it’s a lot easier to read us as T, especially since I’m without makeup and with over 4 hours of electro in the past day. He’s also been very inquisitive into why we are going here and what we are doing. Amber’s basically said that we’re just visiting. They’ve also been talking about job and career stuff, and when he said, “You’ve got your changes and I’ve got mine…,” I just had to laugh inside. If Amber were to tell him that she was traveling here for sex reassignment surgery I wonder what he’d do. OK….about to land.

No comments: