Sunday, July 11, 2004

Ripped Skin

OOOOWWWWWWWWW!!!!!! Damn…the trouble with long nails. As I was putting away clothes from my trip, I reached down to pick up a pair of shorts and caught it on the edge of my dresser. As I did so, I felt instant pain in my nail on my fourth finger. I guess that’s one of the downsides of having long nails. In this case, I bent my nail back a few millimeters into where it connects on my finger. It also started bleeding from the portion where it ripped clear of the skin. I saw a piece of wood under my nail as well, and feared that I would have to pull it out, but it was just sitting under my nail next to my skin.

Speaking of ripping through skin, today is 6 weeks from when I had my ears pierced. I can, supposedly, now take my studs out as long as something is in the hole for the next 6 months. After talking with Amber a little about it, she suggested just leaving them in longer to ensure the hole has healed up properly. Sounds like good advice. Plus, I don’t have too many other options that are as small as my studs…so I guess I’ll just leave them in a little longer. My mom asked me for gift ideas on my upcoming birthday, and I told her I could always use more earrings and jewelry.

No comments: