Monday, July 26, 2004

The serious and not so serious sides

So, I was at my therapist’s for a session this afternoon, and we talked about my recent trip with Amber for her SRS. I talked about some of the things I have mentioned here in my journal, such as SRS being the best viable option for a life...yet that I was also scared to a degree, and she said it was good I was thinking about all of this. I also talked to her about moving on in life, but we ran out of time as we spent too much time talking about other topics. I think she enjoys our conversations…hopefully they are a little brighter than her typical sessions.

On a not so serious note, have you ever googled your name just to see what pops up? I have. It’s fun. It appears that the National Pork Producer’s Director of Communications is also named Kara Flynn. Now, stay up with me because there’s a little story here.

So, it appears this woman named Karin Robertson who worked for the People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals (PETA) decided to change her name to GoVeg.com in order to get people talking about vegetarianism. Those that are in the meat industry obviously weren’t too big on her decision. The spokeswoman for the National Pork Producers Council, yes – Kara Flynn, decides to state, “It sounds like she needs to get a life.” She’s probably right, but hey, Karin can change her name to whatever she wants, right?

This little topic ended up on a number of different forums, with someone bringing up the Pork Producer’s Kara Flynn statement. Obviously, someone did a little search on her to try to dig something up, and well, they found me. So, then they posted my link and made fun of the porky Kara, as well as me. This came up on a little google search, and since I’m one to have a little fun with all of it, I decided to post something as well…albeit a little late after the story was big.

No comments: